Friday, August 8, 2008

The Proverbial Last Ten Pounds, Plus Last Week's Workouts

I know I don't weigh myself, so it really could be the last 9 lbs or the last 11 lbs...but I can tell that I am getting close to the end of the fat loss stage of the Fitness Journey. What amazes me is how much FAT there was on my body - even though when I was heavier I was just a bit into the "overweight" classification in the BMI scale - not anywhere near obese. I am sure I have lost at least 30 lbs of pure blubber, and if I lose another 10, it will be 40! I know you can add 30 plus 10, but that number just astounds me. I never would have thought I had 40 lbs to lose...I mean, that's almost half of 100! When I think of how much space 40 lbs of butter would take up on my kitchen counter, I can't belive that much flab was hanging on my body.

I actually determine how much weight I think I have yet to lose by comparing my fat deposits to the size of butter sticks - that probably sounds really odd, but since I don't use scales it's a good alternative, heheheheheh! (Where the last of those blubber deposits reside will remain a mystery.) In the next few days I will dig out and scan a picture of myself at my fattest, and contrast that with a picture of me now.

It has also surprised me that losing this much weight has not been as difficult as I imagined it would be. It HAS taken time, but I have not had to live with constant hunger or cravings or anything like that. I'm not sure if that's because I exercise so much I can eat quite a bit, or because I am still nursing and so can eat quite a bit, or because my body just loses easily when I don't eat a lot of junky food. Either way, I am thankful that it has been easier than I expected, and if I had known it wouldn't be torturous, I would have started sooner. I only hope that maintaining will be as easy!

I am going to try to eat healthier in the next few months to see if that breaks me through any plateau I might be on. In the past few weeks I have been eating things like goldfish crackers and other processed yuckies - not enough to make me gain weight, but they don't make me feel good and can make me bloat so I LOOK like I've gained weight. I also have not been guzzling the water like I should be - a gallon a day really helps me take off the fat. I also want to include more fruits and veggies into my diet...I really don't eat enough. I don't even like that many, but I am determined to eat those I do like on a regular basis. A smoothie made with a few kinds of frozen fruit, and a salad or two should be easy to eat daily.

Regarding exercise, this week I really feel like I need a break, so I am going to spend the week doing videos and DVDs that I have never done before (and I have quite a few!)...since they are not familiar to me, I won't work as hard because I'll have to be paying attention to what they're doing on the screen, and (in certain cases) trying not to trip!

My goal is to lose as much of this fat as I can by the time I turn 40 on November 30, while not depriving myself of good food or working out until I feel beaten down.

Last Week's Workouts:

M- Go by Kari Anderson plus walk outside
T - Strong Body, Ageless Body by Erin O'Brien plus walk outside
W - Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Miles, plus the buns/abs floorwork from one of her very early videos plus walk outside
Th - Core Pilates with Jules Benson, walk outside
Fr - Leslie 3 Mile Express, upping intensity by doing kettlebell swings every 5 minutes, plus the push up, buns and waist chapters from Squeeze, plus walk outside
Sat - Walk Outside
Sun - Walk Outside

Today I drove my walk route, so I know it is 2.1 miles. I would love to do this every night plus 2 3 mile Leslies per week for a total of 20 miles, but we will see. If Moppet 4 does not fall asleep in the stroller, he won;t always sit well for such a long walk and I cut it short.

No comments: